- Are you a consultant or service provider to the Biogas industry?
- Would you like to earn additional revenue while helping your customers?
- Does your customer have a recalcitrant feedstock, unstable digester, odour problems with sulphur or a dying microbiota?
- Or would they just like to increase their production yield?
- We can help you, to help your customers!
Aegle Technology (https://aegle-technology.es) is an advanced materials innovation, commercialization, and production company.
We research and develop new advanced material solutions, take to market our own, and third-party, patents and have the know-how and facilities to manufacture products of the highest quality.
We are based in Barcelona, Spain, and work closely with both scientific experts and industry leaders to further technology innovation.
BioGAS+ is the first ready-to-use additive for anaerobic digestion based on advanced materials. It has obtained the highest ever-reported improvement of biogas production +285% and other significant benefits (following DIN-38414 standard), with cellulose as feedstock.
A world first
BioGAS+ contributes directly to the metabolism of microbes, with doses of bioavailable minerals that they need at each moment, for any microbe and for any feedstock.
This is a paradigm shift in the Biogas Production optimisation.
BioGAS+ is an additive based on safe and sustainably engineered advanced material optimisation of anaerobic digestion processes increasing the production of biogas and concentration of Methane.
The process that converts organic waste into gas is optimised simply by adding a small dose of BioGAS+ to either a large waste treatment reactor, a septic tank, or a homemade bio-digester.
BioGAS+ is a disruptive technology
BioGAS+ obtains the highest ever-reported improvement of biogas production: triples (200% increase) the biogas yield with cellulose as feedstock in laboratory conditions and obtains over a +30% methane ratio increase in real industrial settings, with real feedstock and with optimal concentrations below the 1% (with respect to the Volatile Solids).
Existing technologies approach this problem by pre-treatment of the biomass, thermalisation of the waste and combination of feedstock but only obtain modest production increases. Moreover, many tend to be costly to implement requiring structural changes in the biogas production plant or process.
Beyond an unprecedented methane production increase, BioGAS+ also offers additional advantages, including:
- Reduction of the digestate fraction (more biogas means more digestion).
- Higher waste degradation (the digestate is less, and less reactive).
- Increase digestion process stability (more reproducible).
- Reduction in retention/residential time by accelerating the digestion process.
- Proven to reduce H2S levels (precipitated in the form of pyrite).
- Reduction on the amount of foam produced (small particles trap detergents decreasing foam).
- Enrichment of the residual material (digestate) with iron ions to obtain by-products with increased economic value such as high-quality fertilizers.
- Reduce aerobic digestion (AD) plant energy consumption.
- Minimize undesirable side effects in biogas plants such as the odours associated to Hydrogen Sulphide and Ammonia, thus reducing the cost of associated conditioning measures.
- Precipitation of phosphorus (into ferric and ferrous phosphate).
Easy to use
- Simple additive that can just be added onto the incoming sewage (it does not require any change in the biogas plant industrial process).
- No requirement to pre-treat the substrate/feedstock or maintenance to preserve the microorganisms.
- Can be used with any kind of anaerobic digester
- Process is fully scalable.
- Increase in the diversity of biomass feedstock (oil, fat, meat) as it has been proven very suitable for “difficult to digest” (recalcitrant) feedstock.
- More efficient use of biomass feedstock (low energy waste) due to the increased biogas/methane production.
Restores and rescues
- Disinfection of pathogens and multi-resistant bacteria.
- Solution to inhibitory substances.
- Rescue of digesters with problems.
Aegle Technology is interested in partnering with Biogas experts who look to further their capability to solve their customer’s problem’s and provide added value through combining our product and their know-how.
Aegle Technology offers BioGAS+ partners a 15% commission.
For more information:
Please contact us for additional information on BioGAS+ partnerships, and to begin to optimize your own business with BioGAS+.
Aegle Technology SL
Rambla de Catalunya, 25, 1º
08007 Barcelona, Spain
+41 78 600 8995
 E Casals, R Barrena, A García, E González, L Delgado, M Busquets‐Fité et al. Programmed iron oxide nanoparticles disintegration in anaerobic digesters boosts biogas production. Small 10, 2801-2808, 2014