AEGLE TECHNOLOGY is pleased to bring to market BioGas+, a European developed, patented and registered advanced-materials-based innovation that obtains the highest ever-reported improvement of biogas production.
BioGAS+ is the first ready to use additive which increases the production of Biogas and the ratio of Methane (CH4) to CO2 without the danger of overdosing or harming the resident microbiota. It is based on safe and sustainable engineering directed to the optimisation of anaerobic digestion processes.
A world First
BioGas+ contributes directly to the metabolism of microbes, with doses of bioavailable minerals that they need at each moment, for any microbe and for any feedstock.
This is a paradigm shift in the Biogas Production optimisation.
BioGas+ is the first ready to use additive based on safe and sustainably engineered advanced material optimisation of anaerobic digestion processes increasing the production of biogas and concentration of Methane. The process that converts organic waste into gas is optimised simply by adding a small dose of BioGas+ to either a large waste treatment reactor, a septic tank, or a homemade bio-digester.
Biogas+ is a disruptive technology
BioGas+ obtains the highest ever-reported improvement of biogas production: triples (200% increase of production) the biogas yield with cellulose as feedstock in laboratory conditions and obtains over a 30% methane ratio increase in real industrial settings, with real feedstock and with optimal concentrations below the 1% (with respect to the Volatile Solids).
The methane production increase achieved is far above any known technology aimed at increasing biogas production. Existing technologies approach this problem by pre-treatment of the biomass, thermalisation of the waste and combination of feedstock but only obtain modest production increases. Moreover, many tend to be costly to implement requiring structural changes in the biogas production plant or process.
Beyond the unprecedented methane production increase , BioGas+ also offers additional advantages, including:
- Reduction of the digestate fraction (more biogas means more digestion).
- Higher waste degradation (the digestate is less, and less reactive).
- Increase digestion process stability (more reproducible).
- Reduction in retention/residential time by accelerating the digestion process.
- Proven to reduce H2S levels (precipitated in the form of pyrite).
- Reduction on the amount of foam produced (small particles trap detergents decreasing foam).
- Enrichment of the residual material (digestate) with iron ions to obtain by-products with increased economic value such as high quality fertilizers.
- Reduce aerobic digestion (AD) plant energy consumption.
- Minimize undesirable side effects in biogas plants such as the odours associated to Hydrogen Sulfide and Ammonia, thus reducing the cost of associated conditioning measures.
- Precipitation of phosphorus (into ferric and ferrous phosphate).
Easy to use
- Simple additive that can just be spiked onto the incoming sewage (it does not require any change in the biogas plant industrial process).
- No requirement to pre-treat the substrate/feedstock or maintenance to preserve the microorganisms.
- Can be used with any kind of anaerobic digester
- Process is fully scalable.
- Enlargement of biomass feedstock (oil, fat, meat) as it has been proved very suitable for “diffcult to digest” (recalcitrant) feedstock.
- Enlargement of biomass feedstock (low energy waste) due to the increased biogas/methane production.
Restores and rescues
- Disinfection of pathogens and multi-resistant bacteria.
- Solution to inhibitory substances.
- Rescue of digesters with problems.